Monday, May 3, 2010

The Magic of Being a Creative Writer

Since we started the Creative Writing class we noticed some differences between this kind of writing and the usual academic writing we used to write before. The magic of being a creative writer is all about the sensation the creative writer can express in her/his piece of writing. For example, when I named my blog “Green Sunshine,” I wanted the green sunshine to evoke the five senses. Here is a poem about green sunshine:


Green sunshine is a glittery grassy light
like a fresh lemon in a feverish summer,
a warm coat wraps your body
with the little sparkles
coming through the skin .


The amusing part in writing ingeniously is that there are no boundaries for the imagination. I can fly with my dreams without a fear of having any structural mistakes like in academic writing. For example, Feel free...Fly high in your thoughts…Dive deep in your emotions...Don’t be afraid to reveal your persona.


As it is clear from the previous example, these creative sentences aren’t obligated to be combined into one academic sentence with parallel phrases. The repetitive imperative structure is the way I am using “syntax” to develop my thoughts and express my feelings.


The farther I as a creative writer reaches with my thoughts the better my writing will be. I know it’s amazing; there is nothing better than being a free bird flying in the high sky of our own dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment